In 1941, Siemens transferred its Telefunken shares to AEG as part of the agreements known as the "Telefunken settlement", and AEG thus became the sole owner and continued to lead Telefunken as a subsidiary (starting in 1955 as "Telefunken Gmb H" and from 1963 as "Telefunken AG").
During the Second World War, Telefunken was a supplier of vacuum tubes, transmitters and radio relay systems, and developed Funkmess facilities (later called radar devices by the US navy) and directional finders, adding extensively to the German air defence against British-American Aerial Bombing.
Telefunken was a German radio and television apparatus company, founded in Berlin in 1903, as a joint venture of Siemens & Halske and the Allgemeine Elektricitäts-Gesellschaft (AEG) (General electricity company).
Around the start of the 20th century, two groups of German researchers worked on the development of techniques for wireless communication.
To learn more about the full line of new tubes in the Black Diamond series visit: the new Black Diamond Vacuum Tubes and the entire line of TELEFUNKEN microphones at Winter NAMM in Anaheim, January 22-25, Hall E Booth #1878 and Hall A Booth #6721.